SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Forum special through the end of the month. 10% off billet compressor wheels. Copy and paste this code at checkout. 0XDVSP49EQFY
killin me man just bought mine last week

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Forum special through the end of the month. 10% off billet compressor wheels. Copy and paste this code at checkout. 0XDVSP49EQFY
Any chance you'll make a hybrid wheel?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
That's too quick, I was just curious if it was in the plan! I still need to pay for all the suspension stuff I'm planning to buy from you..?

What do you think the cost of a 7 + 7 will be?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Just ordered an 11 blade!

·
Registered
340 Posts
NOOOOOO, Damn it, I already ordered mine AND I wanted a hybrid one. I'm gonna cry

Sorry bud.

Yeah I can probably have them available next week. 7+7 or 11 blade?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Sorry guys. I'd sell hybrid wheels at $180 including shipping.
Deal. Trying to decide between a 7+7 and 11 blade. Which do you believe is most practical for our cars. My gut says 7+7, but everything else aligns with expansion of the powerband from 3K - 6.5k RPM so a 7+7 might not be optimal. Currently running a 6+6 billet standard diameter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry bud.

Yeah I can probably have them available next week. 7+7 or 11 blade?
oh no! mine is still boxed up could i exchange and pay the difference for a 77 or an 11 hybrid? im also curious about the powerband difference. will we lose alot down low and then blast us with boost from 4k to 6.8k with the 11? since the 77 ii bigger and the blades more efficient wouldnt it give us more boost earlier and hold until 6800 well? one last question. Is it just the housing cover that needs to be machined for clearance for the base as well?

Thanks! Your wheel looks amazing btw.

·
Registered
340 Posts
oh no! mine is still boxed up could i exchange and pay the difference for a 77 or an 11 hybrid? im also curious about the powerband difference. will we lose alot down low and then blast us with boost from 4k to 6.8k with the 11? since the 77 ii bigger and the blades more efficient wouldnt it give us more boost earlier and hold until 6800 well? one last question. Is it just the housing cover that needs to be machined for clearance for the base as well?

Ditto to what he said about exchanging/etc

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Lets be clear, I don't design or manufacture these. Neither does Viva or ARD. Its an Asian company that spits out nothing but countless compressor designs for every turbo out there. I just try to bring them to market for less cause it requires no work on my end.

That being said, I've never been in a car with either of the hybrid wheels so I don't know how they feel and no one on this forum ever dyno tunes their car so I've never seen a graph. What I do know is that the stock car is extremely peaky early in the RPM range and I'd personally always opt for the 11 blade to shift power out more to the higher RPM range.

Yes I'll take exchanges at your shipping expense as long as there is no visibile sign of use.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Thank you for your contribution to this community, I for one sincerely appreciate the innovative solutions at affordable cost, especially given your other proddessional and personal commitment.

I'll buy an 11 blade hybrid wheel from you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ah ok, well thanks for clearing that up. Im still on the fence about going hybrid so ill contact you if i need to exchange, its been pouring rain and i dont have a garage so idk when ill be able to get in there, but thanks for the support and input, i appreciate it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.