SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.pdvmotorsports.com/pages/group-buys

Time to bring Hybrid compressor wheel pricing back down to earth!

This group buy concludes, and final payment is due, on February 15th. A $75 deposit is required to join the group buy. I will refund your deposit minus the Paypal fee if the deal does not reach Tier 2.

Anyone with a turbo with over 100k miles should consider this deal. You can have your turbo rebuilt by Majestic Turbo for $350 in 2-3 days which includes installing and balancing your new compressor wheel. Machining for the hybrid wheel is an extra charge.

Current number of participants: 0

# of ParticipantsTotal Price INCLUDING SHIPPING
Tier 1 - 1 participant$150.10 OEM / $193.98 "Hybrid"
Tier 2 - 6 participants$145.81 OEM / $188.17 "Hybrid"
Tier 3 - 10 participants$141.52 OEM / $181.86 "Hybrid"
Tier 4 - 14 participants$137.23 OEM / $178.07 "Hybrid"
Tier 5 - 18 participants$132.94 OEM / $171.75 "Hybrid"
Tier 6 - 25 participants$128.66 OEM / $165.44 "Hybrid"

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
My bank account does not like when you post. :partywave:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I am interested. Which Majestic Turbo shop - Waco or Dallas? Do you have a contact name there? Thanks

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I am interested. Which Majestic Turbo shop - Waco or Dallas? Do you have a contact name there? Thanks

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TTT

The grapist, I don't know when the hybrid wheels spool, I've never used one myself.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A customer of mine is currently driving around with one and I asked him about spool characteristics but haven't heard back. He will be supplying dyno info whenever he gets it. He says he can spin all 4 wheels in 1st gear.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I heard a lot of the hybrid turbos going boom. My 00 VR spins all 4 with just bolt ons and intercooler

·
Registered
340 Posts
A customer of mine is currently driving around with one and I asked him about spool characteristics but haven't heard back. He will be supplying dyno info whenever he gets it. He says he can spin all 4 wheels in 1st gear.
I'll go do a pull right now and post the VIDA screenshot of boost and RPM. This is with tuning from Bmac's friend, Steve.

I would not recommend ANYONE run a "shelf" or even remote tune with this wheel. Get someone who is willing to tune with you in the car, or work with you extensively on getting it dialed in. This is pretty much one step below putting a larger turbo on. There are a lot of factors to take into account before you just strap these things on. You need to check things like injector flow rate, fuel pump duty cycle, MAF flow, etc. These are things someone who remotely tunes your car might not look at, and it can have disastrous consequences. Here are the supporting mods (in addition to regular FMIC, SNAAB Pipe, Downpipe, etc) I needed in order to finally run the wheel to its full potential:

650cc EV14 injectors
Audi RS4 MAF housing/sensor and 3.5 inch filter
I needed a new fuel pump, my existing one was too weak. Ben and I are still trying to figure out if a larger pump is a required, but for now I put a brand new Volvo one in.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I heard a lot of the hybrid turbos going boom. My 00 VR spins all 4 with just bolt ons and intercooler

Chris, I wish you had gotten to ride in it, Steve and I got it dialed in right after I brought you home. The hybrids that you've heard of failures on are the VIVA units. I don't know who they use to do the machine work, but I know they aggressively clip the turbine fins as well, which is something I didn't do. In addition to that, I'm unsure if their units are VSR balanced or not, but if they are not, that could contribute to premature failure.

All this being said, I've put about 5k on my engine rebuild with Ryan's 11 Blade Hybrid wheel, and for a pretty much bolt on turbo modification, it makes a great amount of power. I'm extremely happy.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Sounds awesome man. Yeah maybe someday we'll be up at Ben's at the same time and I can check it out.

When Ben and I redid my car we left the turbo stock with just Synapse valve. I'm gunna go with the precision that Jim in Southbury with the flash/Atacama VR has.

·
Registered
364 Posts
This sale may do better around tax return time.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Chris, I wish you had gotten to ride in it, Steve and I got it dialed in right after I brought you home. The hybrids that you've heard of failures on are the VIVA units. I don't know who they use to do the machine work, but I know they aggressively clip the turbine fins as well, which is something I didn't do. In addition to that, I'm unsure if their units are VSR balanced or not, but if they are not, that could contribute to premature failure.

All this being said, I've put about 5k on my engine rebuild with Ryan's 11 Blade Hybrid wheel, and for a pretty much bolt on turbo modification, it makes a great amount of power. I'm extremely happy.
So maybe 400+ AWHP? That would make me step up for one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I heard a lot of the hybrid turbos going boom.
Can confirm. Had Viva hybrid, went boom.

I now have a Pure Turbos built hybrid and I like it. It spools slower than OEM so if you don't like lag look for a different option. I like lag - it makes the huge whoosh when it hits that much more noticeable. :) I'd say by 2800-3000 RPM the turbo is spooled and ready to rock.

My car has the usual stuff - IPD DP+Exhaust, Snaab FMIC and intake, JZW tune.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Can confirm. Had Viva hybrid, went boom.

I now have a Pure Turbos built hybrid and I like it. It spools slower than OEM so if you don't like lag look for a different option. I like lag - it makes the huge whoosh when it hits that much more noticeable. :) I'd say by 2800-3000 RPM the turbo is spooled and ready to rock.

My car has the usual stuff - IPD DP+Exhaust, Snaab FMIC and intake, JZW tune.

Can you elaborate on the failure?? What failed?? How was it used or abused? mileage on it?? I have one is why I would like the details... PM me if you prefer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts