SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it wise to replace the dodgy parts of this system before a problem occurs ??<p>I have an 05 T5 with 116000 kms on the clock.<p>Thanks

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: PCV System - Preventative maintance (samkell)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>samkell</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it wise to replace the dodgy parts of this system before a problem occurs ??<p>I have an 05 T5 with 116000 kms on the clock.<p>Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Nah, just wait for it to happen and then replace it. If you want to be safe, you can order the part and have it ready. The main part you need is the oil filter housing. If your haven't replaced the upper hose, I'd recommend ordering that too.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: PCV System - Preventative maintance (volvoNB)

Having the housing and updated upper hose wouldnt hurt. However i would verify your car is covered under the extended warranty first for this problem as you would be spending unnecessary money. Most are being covered if not reimbursed from previous replacement.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: PCV System - Preventative maintance (ForceFed Motorsports)

I never got the letter. Is there any other way to check if one is covered by the extended warranty. I got denied last time.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: PCV System - Preventative maintance (volvoNB)

Oh that sucks, hmm must not cover everyone then. Thats why i said i would just check and verify, could call the dealer if you havent already. The recall is different than the extended coverage. Only a very select few are actually covered by the recall.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: PCV System - Preventative maintance (ForceFed Motorsports)

Has the defect causing PCV system problems been fixed in more recent C30/S40/V50 models? If yes, starting with what model year?

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: PCV System - Preventative maintance (pjf)

Hard to say, ive seen as new as 07's have the old crappy style hose. Im sure theres a chassis break id just have to find it. I would guess that 08+ must of had the updated hose by then since its been available for awhile.<p>Edit: I checked our system and sounds like even some early 08's could be affected but is unlikely. Sounds like its an 04.5-07 issue mainly.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by ForceFed Motorsports at 11:00 AM 4-7-2009</i>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts