SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know ican search, but my nook is only access at this time and difficult to search history.
I think i may need to do a full PCV service my self befoe i have indie service for other stuff.
If i were to perform a full pcv service (with possible seafoam treatment) could anyone link me to the steps and parts i would need to tacle the job?
In some aspects, i am ptetty good with diy. In others, i really suck due to lack of experience.
My car doesnt need it yet! BUT experience tells me that it may be justified soon.

Could anyone help with what i may need and how to do?

Btw, IPD HDcoils with oem plugs are a drastic performance improvemnt, greater than expected.

I baby mycar with few exceptions adult driving...omg!

If you have stage 1 only, you have yet to see what living is!

BTW, if my R died today, i would get another without question. Seats and sterio justify, the rest is lagniappe! (It is a LA thing).

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sea foam fouled my plugs and caused a hesitation. I do not recommend it

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
you are supposed to change your plugs if you do seafoam. it works.
I now know that. But it sounds like he just changed his plugs so it would be pointless to do a Seafoam treatment at this point. Unless you just put some in the oil.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I bet there are a lot of cars in NJ and NY that got seafoam treatment.
Poor choice for a name for a product you put in an engine.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
I bet there are a lot of cars in NJ and NY that got seafoam treatment.
Poor choice for a name for a product you put in an engine.
LOL... yes i imagine a lot of them did. Wrong kind of seafoam though, it likely did not improve performance on any of them

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Seafoam works great in the oil though, throw the proper amount in 50-100miles before an oil change and you'll be amazed how filthy your oil comes out.

as far as doing the PCV yourself, you just have to answer one question. Are you comfortable taking off the intake manifold?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input guys!
It appears that this may be bigger PITA than i am willing to attempt at this time.
Y'all have saved me a lot of hard lessons learned, the local indie is good and will get this job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts