SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am thinking of exchanging the PCV system myself (or rather have someone do it for me). Unfortunately I don't live in the US and thus not covered by extended warranty.

So far I have luckily (knock on wood) not had the howl yet, but the hose did crack about a year ago. I duct taped it and kept it in place with some hose clamps and so far I have not experienced any issues (again knock on wood).

But I am thinking of changing the hose and while I am it, I might as well replace the oil trap and other related parts to prevent this potential PCV howl.

I don't have VIDA and so I am hoping that someone could post all the parts necessary, including parts numbers.

Appreciate your help!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here is what you need parts wise. You can buy the whole kit or take the part numbers and try to buy it cheaper bit by bit. Hope that helps.

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4753/115058-pcv-breather-system-kit-for-p1-c30-c70-s40-v50-models
Defcon, much appreciated! :thumbup:

Thanks again.

Now, I just need to find a shop within Europe who can provide this at reasonable price :rolleyes: Customs, shipping and ridiculous sales tax applied upon import unfortunately keep me from buying from IPD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts