SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I have been trying to track down an air leak on my C30 T5, which was causing a boost loss issue. Anyway I found a couple pressure side couplers that needed to be snugged up and I also found an oil leak that I traced back to the PCV. It appears air can leak out of the left edge of the rectangular cover of the PCV. Is this normal? It doesn't seem normal for oil to be leaking out and running down all over the oil pan......

Any input?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not normal. Verify it isn't coming from the filter cap on the left of it and the flexible hose that hooks to the top of it. You could probably use 3m 5200 to seal it up. Unless I'm mistaken the venturis are under the cap that is leaking

·
Registered
555 Posts
Common problem but not normal. There is an extended warranty on them because of this issue. I wasnt sure if mine was still covered so I bought a new updated version since mine was leaking when I bought the car. No problem since then.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I am familiar with the PCV recall but I was thought it was due to the hose cracking or the venturis clogging up. Thanks for the info, I have a feeling I'll be buying a new one from FCP :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts