SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for anyone here. I am replaceing the entire PCV system on my 04 wagon. I inspected the banjo bolt which goes to the bottom of the intake near the PS pump, and I noticed the bolt is jam packed with carbon. I cleaned it the best I could and it looks like banjo bolt is actually some sort of check valve, with a little rubber ball inside the bolt. I couldn't get it really clean so I ordered a new one. Today I was looking at the new bolt and it is just a hollow banjo bolt, no little ball or check valve. Does anyone know if this is a revised version, or did I get the wrong bolt?<p><br>-Rob

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Re: PCV Oil trap replacement question? (04v70)

You might take a look at the post my Rushin_Max. It is an excellent diagram of the system. <A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=117607" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=117607</A><p>In that diagram it shows that banjo fitting as having a one way valve, so your dealer may have provided the wrong part.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: PCV Oil trap replacement question? (rogersampson)

I had him double check, and the item he gave me (part# 8653884) is the correct part. He had a reference note saying this part supercedes the previous design/part #.<p>I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has ran into this. Maybe Volvo realized there was a problem with the previous design. <p>Anyone here work for volvo that can verift this><p>I don't know how you reach everything with the intake still mounted. I took the intake off to make life easier. I'll take some pics with breather box exposed and try to post them here.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I had the wifes apart a few weeks ago, and its just a drilled bolt, no spring/ball. was expecting it to. Its just a 2.4t though.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Re: (BellevilleV70)

It should by one way only, or else you'll overpressurize your crankcase when you hit boost.<p>Are you sure they didn't give you the banjo bolt for the coolant hose? ...or perhaps for a n/a car?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts