SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also posted this in the R section as this references both r and non-r cars.<p>Quick question for anyone here. I am replaceing the entire PCV system on my 04 wagon. I inspected the banjo bolt which goes to the bottom of the intake near the PS pump, and I noticed the bolt is jam packed with carbon. I cleaned it the best I could and it looks like banjo bolt is actually some sort of check valve, with a little rubber ball inside the bolt. I couldn't get it really clean so I ordered a new one. Today I was looking at the new bolt and it is just a hollow banjo bolt, no little ball or check valve. Does anyone know if this is a revised version, or did I get the wrong bolt?<p><br>I had dealer double check, and the item he gave me (part# 8653884) is the correct part. He had a reference note saying this part supercedes the previous design/part #.<br>I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has ran into this. Maybe Volvo realized there was a problem with the previous design. <p>Anyone here work for volvo that can verift this><p>-Rob<br>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts