SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got help with this photo thing. I hope you enjoy these. I bought this wagon three years ago and fixed everything myself. I've always wanted one since the T5-R estate arrived, but I had to find an original 5-speed example so went with the V body design which I like better frankly. I don't have the oem airbox. Didn't come with one. I'm the third owner. It was owned briefly for a year by the first owner's son who decided to cut the springs and lose the airbox. But I need to locate one without SAS. I refinished the Propus wheels after having them straightened and the curb rashes removed. I have two extra which is nice. These are the 17x7.5 examples. The wagon has really grown on me. I enjoy it. Other than the wheels, an ARD Green tune, an exhaust, and IPD blue springs, it's bone stock. I've touched just about everything on this car. Everything works as advertised.

·
Registered
1998 V70 T5 with factory m56h; 18t, Green injectors, 50% e85
2,418 Posts
Nice. How many miles?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Very nice looking car, and red is a great color. The wheels look great!

If you want a stock airbox without SAS, you can get one out of an 850 turbo, 96 or earlier. Or, just get an IPD intake kit and do the intake mod right.

·
Registered
16,560 Posts
I'd recommend a snabb intake pipe and a stock air box since the design is very good for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts

Next up, you need some new lights

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Very nice detailing, any future plans or is it now just enjoyment time?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IPD sway bars, IPD air intake are probably next.

I'll rebuild the 16T soon, not leaking but it's surely due.

I plan on rewiring the stock headlight internals since they're dim. Are the IPD aftermarket headlights worth it?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, a full tint, tastefully done, will be next.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Very, very nice.

Man I miss my 'ol Firetruck.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sway bars all day as one of the best upgrades for these. night and day on my R when I installed them.

·
Registered
16,560 Posts

I plan on rewiring the stock headlight internals since they're dim. Are the IPD aftermarket headlights worth it?

Eh, get Ecode glass for the stock reflectors. It improves the beam pattern and gets 20% more light down road. Paired with high power bulbs you'll have excellent night vision.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Eh, get Ecode glass for the stock reflectors. It improves the beam pattern and gets 20% more light down road. Paired with high power bulbs you'll have excellent night vision.
^^ This, and it's very simple.

·
Registered
16,560 Posts

·
Registered
16,560 Posts

Skip the cone air intake, stock airbox draws in cooler air and uses a larger filter (the oem paper is gigantic when you unfold it compared to a k&n or cone filter).

A strut tower brace/bar makes a big difference with torque steer.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Oh ok. Thank you.

·
Registered
16,560 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
One word of caution if you intend to replace your headlight glass, DO NOT try and clean or touch the reflective surface, you will rune it, ask me how I know.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One word of caution if you intend to replace your headlight glass, DO NOT try and clean or touch the reflective surface, you will rune it, ask me how I know.
Good to know. I would have attempted something.

1 - 20 of 357 Posts