SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the frustration expressed by some with the new XC90. I went through a similar extreme situation with my last vehicle. I purchased a 2013 Lincoln MKS despite similar posts of problems with SYNC on the Lincoln forums. SYNC was an absolute disaster for Ford—in the beginning. Yes, I spent some time at the dealer as they scratched their head, “we don’t know why it’s doing that.”
After a couple of uploads/downloads and a final visit to another, larger dealership, the system was wonderful.
I feel the frustration and trouble in the beginning was absolutely worth it. It was the best road car I have ever driven. The SYNC worked as originally promised. It became an intuitive system and did everything I asked (most of the time).
I am counting on my new XC90 to be one of the most technologically advanced vehicles I have ever owned. I will bear through any initial problems, expecting the resolutions to be worth the investment of patience—to a point (there are limits of course).

·
Registered
541 Posts

I am counting on my new XC90 to be one of the most technologically advanced vehicles I have ever owned. I will bear through any initial problems, expecting the resolutions to be worth the investment of patience—to a point (there are limits of course).
+1. As long as the problems are software only and not mechanical, I'll be OK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts