SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, <br> I am in need of serious help. The passenger side window is completely off the tracks I managed to bring the window up and jam it upward to keep it closed. However I still need to fix it. I took it to the Volvo dealer and they wanted $600 to fix it. I have never been to happy with this dealer from the get go because they have tried to gip me before with my headlight. Anyway, the regulator is still working 100% to my knowledge so its only a matter of taking apart the door. I started to take it apart I got past the door panel where I came into a problem. After you take the door panel off there is a metal panel that seems to be riveted on. Do I need to drill through these rivets just to fix the glass or is there an alternative solution?<br>If anyone has any experience with this or any suggestions please input I appreciate any help greatly.<p>Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well i don't think you really need to take the whole metal panel off with the rivets. When i had to replace my door locks all i did was take a blow dryer and heat up the glue around the edges of the foam piece in the middle of the door.<p>Behind that you get into the internals of the door. From what i remember there was enough room to do something, you can judge from looking at that if you would need more room, but thats should be enough.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the propmt reply, Ill give it a try when its sunny and let you know how everything went.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: (dizzyd89)

There's another thread about this issue here: <A HREF="http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19629&sid=8fe4966fefcb8c3e0f39f9210080af4a" TARGET="_blank">http://www.matthewsvolvosite.c...0af4a</A>

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, Thanks a bunch for the site. I looked for a while but couldnt find anything but that site is exactly what I needed. Thank you Vegas and Polska!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts