SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
A question on passenger seatbelt operation.
Put on the belt, lean forward a small amount, lean back lean forward a bit no problem. Lean forward more, lean back, the belt tightens. Then one can't lean forward as one is restrained.

q1: Is this how your passenger front belt works?

I want it to always allow one to lean fully forward to say get purse off the floor, lean back, and be able to lean forward again.

q2: Is there a way to that configurable in vida or any other way?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
It shouldn't be like that, all belts should behave the same way, which includes not having it stay taught until unbuckled after leaning forward. I've heard of this happening before from bad pre tensioners. Might need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I think we all know what you really mean...

Lol only my fat friends have trouble with the seatbelts in my R.
Haha that was my first thought, thats how my front seatbelt works.

·
Registered
536 Posts
We need pictures of the girlfriend to better assess the situation here!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The seatbelt has a child seat restraint system. If you pull it almost to full extension then it triggers a ratchet that would let you cinch down a child seat.
I think this hit in 2001 but I'm not sure.
Required by FVMSS.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
+1 Child seat mode. To reset the belt has to be retracted all the way back onto the spool, then it will work normally. This happens sometimes when people take too much slack off the spool when they go to buckle-up, you can tell it's been activated by the sound the spool makes as the slack gets taken up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts