SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC60 PHEV T8 Osmium Gray
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Periodically my unoccupied passenger seatbelt alarm chimes. The seat is more often than not occupied by a work bag inclusive of a laptop and paperwork in addition to a lunch bag with water bottle and coffee thermos, however over the weekend I noticed it was chiming with nothing in the seat.

Has anyone had this happen? Do I have a ghost passenger, has my tendency to carry weight there thrown off the sensor or so I have a repair issue?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Possibly the sensor is stuck, or is a little sticky. Have you tried sitting in the passenger seat, does this happen after you've had a "real" passenger in the seat?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Ive had my sensor pickup when i have items on the seat, place them in the back seat or on the floor and no more issues :)

·
Registered
2021 XC60 T8/Recharge
215 Posts
Ive had my sensor pickup when i have items on the seat, place them in the back seat or on the floor and no more issues :)
The backseat has seatbelt sensors, too. My dog trips them sometimes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don’t think the issue is having junk on your passenger seat setting the alarm off.

Paul (OP, I assume that’s your name) is saying that the alarm now sounds when nothing is in the seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts