SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the passenger seat of my 09 v50 Friday so I could run some wire for my stereo. All I unhooked was the harness under the seat with the bolt that holds it in and the connector going to the seat belt mount on the side of the seat.

I was searching today and saw the put key in and turn to I and disconnect battery, wait 15-20 minutes and turn to II to reconnect. I didn't know that and all I did was disco the + terminal. Is there a way to avoid the dealer having to reset this or is this going to be one of the lesson learned kinda things?

Right now I'm doing the above steps in hopes that the code will reset.

Thanks.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Dealer for you. You can do whatever you want, it ain't going to work!
Has to be reset by them and next time do a little research before you start messing around.
This is a known deal for ALL Volvos

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Yup, you're sunk. I did much the same thing myself. Dealer reset for free under the new warning light diagnosis guidelines though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well fun. At least that was the only time I needed to disco the battery for this. Going to call dealer on Monday and see how much this is going to hurt. I will hit up every auto part store on my way to work Monday on the off change they have a good ODBII scanner that will do the trick (doubtful).

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
An independent shop with a Volvo computer will do this for you as well, and charge less. There's a specialty Volvo shop in town (for me, anyway...) that does great work and they can do anything the dealer can do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for saying that. Didn't even thing about that. We have one here, and I will give them a call.

An independent shop with a Volvo computer will do this for you as well, and charge less. There's a specialty Volvo shop in town (for me, anyway...) that does great work and they can do anything the dealer can do.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well fun. At least that was the only time I needed to disco the battery for this. Going to call dealer on Monday and see how much this is going to hurt. I will hit up every auto part store on my way to work Monday on the off change they have a good ODBII scanner that will do the trick (doubtful).
You need a J2534 device (e.g., Volvo DiCE) and VIDA (https://www.volvotechinfo.com/index.cfm?event=info.vida.thisIsVida).

If you're in Maryland, I have one. Otherwise, see http://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdisplay.php?121-OBD-CANBUS-amp-Engine-Management.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts