SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2000 S70, the window switch on the passenger door will put the passenger window down, but not up. The switch on the driver's door can put the window both down and up, but the passenger can only put it down.<p>This strikes me as odd because the window still functions, so the motor isn't broken, and the button still partially functions as well.<p>Any ideas as to an easy fix for this, or do I need to take it into a shop?<p>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Passenger Door Window Button Not Functioning (ericd)

You need a new switch.<br>You also can install it yourself, about a 5 minute job.<br>The right door window switch is fairly cheap but if you want a (cheaper) used one you can contact: <A HREF="http://www.erievovo.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.erievovo.com</A><br>And it's not odd, these switches go just like THAT

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I still need a full new switch, even if it is partially functional?<p>Also, i know next to nothing about fixing cars, will I have any trouble installing this switch? Is there anywhere I can get an explanation of how to do it?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (ericd)

All you do is CAREFULLY pull up and out the old switch. Unplug, plug in the new one into the harness and push back in, very simple.<br>Just use a small hook tool to pull the old one out just be careful around the upholstory and yes you need a new switch. As I said, they're not very expensive. The expensive one is the driver's door switch with all 4 window switches and the door lock button.<br>I just put one on a couple of weeks ago, it's really very simple to do

·
Registered
54 Posts
Re: (JRL)

Jim,<br>I am experiencing the same thing. When you say pull out the switch, do you mean teh actual button or the whole plastic component that fits into the armrest of the door? Is there an instruction page on it anywhere like some other repairs? <br>Thansk<br>GC

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
You take the entire switch component out. Take a butter knife, wrap some duct tape around it from about 2 inches up, insert end of the knife into the crack between the switch and the plastic retainer, pry up. It should come out. This is how I did mine.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (gs1397)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>gs1397</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks MIJ. I will have to try it.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>No trick, it's easy to do

1 - 8 of 8 Posts