SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

On my T8 MY16 the left hand side rear door has started to make squeaking noises, like a squeaky hinge when being opened. I can also feel a slight, slight resistance as I close it, when the door swings past a certain position. The dealer/ service centre suggest I add grease to it.

Has anyone here had a similar issue?

If I do grease it, should I just apply grease to the visible part of the arm, and how much do I apply?

Thanks!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I would suggest you add some WD40 . . just spray it into the hinge, top and bottom

·
Registered
895 Posts
Had it on a new car less than few months old and then turned out to be a bent hinge which was replaced on warranty.

I would clean it as suggested and then you could spray it with lithium grease and see if it holds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi,

On my T8 MY16 the left hand side rear door has started to make squeaking noises, like a squeaky hinge when being opened. I can also feel a slight, slight resistance as I close it, when the door swings past a certain position. The dealer/ service centre suggest I add grease to it.

Has anyone here had a similar issue?

If I do grease it, should I just apply grease to the visible part of the arm, and how much do I apply?

Thanks!
My16's same door also made very loud squeaking noise, especially when opening or closing the door slowly. I bought this Permatex White Lithium Grease from amazon https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-80345-White-Lithium-Grease/dp/B000HBNV58 and applied it to the hinge. It seems fine so far after few months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts