SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Occasionally I clean the engine compartment with some super clean the gently hose it off. The passenger airbag warning light comes on and stays until the engine area dries out.
What connection is in the engine bay that could be causing this problem. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Occasionally I clean the engine compartment with some super clean the gently hose it off. The passenger airbag warning light comes on and stays until the engine area dries out.
What connection is in the engine bay that could be causing this problem. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks
That's odd. I wonder why that would happen.

That being said the only SRS sensors I am aware of that make their way inside are the ones that connect to the front impact sensors on the metal structures behind the headlights. 2 torx screws and pop the sensor off, clean the connectors and grease them then reconnect them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's odd. I wonder why that would happen.

That being said the only SRS sensors I am aware of that make their way inside are the ones that connect to the front impact sensors on the metal structures behind the headlights. 2 torx screws and pop the sensor off, clean the connectors and grease them then reconnect them.
Fantastic. Thanks very much. That makes a lot of sense since the engine wash incident.

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
I'd really, really recommend not disturbing those devices. Absolutely definitely do not remove them from the body. Their orientation and integrity are critical to your safety.

That said, I have no idea what might be triggering the airbag warning, but it's not the engine harness. Are you getting water on the firewall, especially behind the battery area, or along the rear below the cowl where the sound deadening material is? Try to avoid those..

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I'd really, really recommend not disturbing those devices. Absolutely definitely do not remove them from the body. Their orientation and integrity are critical to your safety.

That said, I have no idea what might be triggering the airbag warning, but it's not the engine harness. Are you getting water on the firewall, especially behind the battery area, or along the rear below the cowl where the sound deadening material is? Try to avoid those..
That's funny. I had to pick one up from a junkyard because it was dead when I bought the car and replace it with the junkyard one. I also had to replace two seatbelts and an airbag and the steering column sensor as all their SRS interfaces were dead. Have you had ill effects from replacing any of the seatbelts or airbags or sensors related to the SRS system in the car?

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
Have you had ill effects from replacing any of the seatbelts or airbags or sensors related to the SRS system in the car?
Well, I haven't really touched any of them. But I did have an SRS module fail (code SRS-FFFF), it was replaced by the dealer. And reading the VIDA procedures for it and the sensors make it quite clear they need to be installed on a clean, flat surface with specific fasteners and torques to give accurate impact readings.

If you know what you're doing, well great. But I still don't recommend it in general. You don't get to test these things before they're actually needed. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts