SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
didnt even know my 2007 R had one until the other day it lit up on the rear view mirror "pass airbag off." And it was while someone was sitting in the seat lol.

if ive never noticed the light before, i am assuming the airbag has always been on. or has it?

is this light supposed to always be lit up "pass airbag off" if no one is sitting in the seat? (like other newer cars do) or does it turn off once the car starts?

obviously something is wrong if the light came on for an entire car ride with someone in the seat but im wondering how long its been faulty and i just never knew...

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Mine flashes on startup as with most vehicles.

The way its supposed to work is when an individual sits in the passenger seat that is above the required weight limit than the airbag will be functional. If the seat is occupied by an individual who is under that weight limit than the airbag is turned off so as not to harm the underweight individual. This mostly pertains to children, however, if the seat is vacant it is to save you from buying another airbag pending an accident.

Mine however, has never remained off for a longer amount of time than the startup sequence.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Mine will do that every now and then. I just have the passenger lift up and sit back down and it goes off.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I have the exact same problem. There's a "bladder" that detects weight and can be faulty. I'm going to get mine fixed under the next major warranty repair as I don't think it's worth paying my $100 deductible just for this. Otherwise I'll just wait till my warranty is about to expire.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2006 will show the "pass airbag off" message whenever it seems to want to, regardless of the size or weight of the passenger. It will be fine for days and then a passenger will get in and the message will display for the whole ride. Then it won't happen again for a while, and I'll forget about it. This seems to be a somewhat rare intermittent problem, but it is definitely real. I am going to try the tip about having the passenger shift their weight around. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts