1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
573 Posts
Another option: for just a little bit more than those IPD sells Sachs Quick Struts (I got mine during an IPD sale for under @250/corner). Sachs is the OE for the factory struts on your car, and claims all parts int he assembly are OE. I bought a set last spring for my '01 V70 NA last spring, quality looked good and the top parts did have Volvo stamps and part numbers on them. So far no complaints after ~5000mi other than the top bearings started creaking a bit ~1000 miles after installation. First the left side, then it stopped after another ~2000mi, then the right side from time to time creaks a little, but not very loudly. Only noticeable at low speed turns, like in a parking lot, and still barely. My local Indie suggested some Silicon dry lube spray, but I haven't bothered yet, its hardly noticeable now.

Quick struts do make for a quick and easy install.

edit: never mind on the "almost the same price", I just noticed your link is for a pair... Still, there's something to be said for OE quality.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Go with the SACHS.
I just installed the Meyle and they're not near as heavy duty as the stock Sachs that I removed so i expect to be replacing those crappy under engineered Meyle sooner rather than later.
Piston diameter Sachs= 1 inch
piston diameter Meyle= .875
Lesson learned

1 - 4 of 4 Posts