SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Part out and rescue cars at auction

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  astonmartinzz 
#1 ·
Anyone on here have access to IAAI auctions or willing to go to them? I kind of do and notice they have a lot of insurance offerings in many states with P2Rs all over. I know they have fees and whatnot but they usually get a lot of the 'total loss' cars that would be great to see going to Volvo yards or owners here who will responsibly part them out and keep them 'in the family'

#3 ·
Iaai will let the public access them. Have to pay a subscription i believe. Personally id use my aaa towing and have em haul it to a safe place haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
#8 ·
What will one like that go for?

#5 ·
Yep. Ive seen many go thru that could be rescued. Hell in my hometown i saw a yard get an SR and butcher it in the most lazy style. Cut front off to deliver the engine. Car was saveable for sure. They didnt even take floormats out. They didnt understand the value of certain things. Id like to keep as many as possible out of the hands of these hacks. I kno. Idealistic.

#6 ·

This car. There was no excuse.

#7 ·
Make friends with a local toeing company.

I had my 04 V70R towed all the way back from my co part to my house 60 miles away on a nice flat bed for $100.

#9 ·
They cut the front end off to ship someone the motor on that one. I shoulda taken pics. They had car listed at 2500 initially. If it were still intact ida bought it that day.

#10 ·
We've gotten a couple modified P2 Rs in the past year or so, unfortunately many of the parts have been claimed by the local Volvo club. In any case, while our website is under admittedly slow construction you can keep up to date with what cars we take in at https://www.facebook.com/StrandbergsAuto/ . I try to update the list on Fridays, or immediately if something of particular interest comes in.

Since I didn't feel like opening a new thread for this, does anyone recognize this car? Had all sorts of goodies, and wanted to see if we missed anything.

#12 ·
We've gotten a couple modified P2 Rs in the past year or so, unfortunately many of the parts have been claimed by the local Volvo club. In any case, while our website is under admittedly slow construction you can keep up to date with what cars we take in at https://www.facebook.com/StrandbergsAuto/ . I try to update the list on Fridays, or immediately if something of particular interest comes in.

Since I didn't feel like opening a new thread for this, does anyone recognize this car? Had all sorts of goodies, and wanted to see if we missed anything.
Whose 04 Passion VR is in the back right of the first pic? Yum!

On an unrelated note, I really think I need to buy some more land, retire, and start a Volvo salvage yard. I would like doing that a lot more than normal work. lol

#11 ·
I say its a good location for the post. I say we as a group of people would do way better at getting these parted or rescued than anyone.

#15 ·
As of tonight I count 0 V70R in IAAI auctions in the US. Good job wagoners!! I count no less than 15 S60R in all auctions. Including one that was in Portland that I send my condolences out to. I dont even want to know what happened....:(
If you are interested in searching you rescuers and your parters, search "s60 awd".
Aloha to the one in Hawaii with full Atacama ready to be placed elsewhere and good luck in the sun for the one who wants Flash Green in Arizona!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.