SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sigh... lost one of my PCC for my car while walking the dog. Called the dealership here and they quoted me $130 for the remote and $100 bucks for cutting the key.... They gave me a parts number 8676865 but it looks different than the one printed on the remote unit I currently have (8676874). Wondering which is the correct number and also if the PCC are different between a keyless drive equipped and non keyless drive equipped S60.

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Sigh... lost one of my PCC for my car while walking the dog. Called the dealership here and they quoted me $130 for the remote and $100 bucks for cutting the key.... They gave me a parts number 8676865 but it looks different than the one printed on the remote unit I currently have (8676874). Wondering which is the correct number and also if the PCC are different between a keyless drive equipped and non keyless drive equipped S60.

Thanks folks.
That got me wondering if it would make sense to pick up an extra remote for my PCC while at the factory............thoughts???
Or use that discount ticket I have heard that Volvo sends new owners......or is that for only certain options?

·
Registered
558 Posts

Thanks folks.
The key will do you no good unless you get it programed by your dealership. Count on another $100 for that.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Thanks folks.
You could pick up the key from Tasca on eBay for less. It's about $87 brand new.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-915-MHZ...O-S80-XC70-V70-S60-XC60-8676865-/230704000926

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
That got me wondering if it would make sense to pick up an extra remote for my PCC while at the factory............thoughts???
Or use that discount ticket I have heard that Volvo sends new owners......or is that for only certain options?

We did this very thing and negotiated a spare PCC with the price of the car. It'll probably be the only time you get the opportunity to get this or any other accessory at cost plus get the programming cost waived.

The odds of losing a key over the course of a 10 year ownership period are appreciable enough to warrant us haggling with the dealer about it. We're also just under 100 miles from the dealeship so replacing a lost PCC on short notice is problematic. Besides, if you only have two and lose one you're only one forgetful moment or accident away from being seriously hosed. Have three and lose one - not as much of a big deal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone bought the PCC remote from tasca ebay and have FDC program and cut key for them? Cost or Free?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Have three and lose one - not as much of a big deal.
I noticed that my car has 3 keys assigned when I picked up my car yesterday. I guess there is someone lse out there that did just what you suggest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts