SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 S60R non-sport

Need part number for the rear bumper cover TOW HOOK COVER.

Pictures:

I have had Tasca ship me 2 parts already to no avail and they are pissing me off with lack of response and I am out $30 in shipping on their failure already.

Part numbers already tried:
39996542/39992353 - too tall
39976863 - round, not square

If anyone with theirs would pull theirs out as well and double check. I have checked another members and it was 30655831 but that returned nothing for me in google/ebay/volvo parts.

Help?

Also does anyone know the best/most cost effective route of getting one of these painted? OEM paint was like $22 for the spray can!

I want this done for, its the last cosmetic thing to do for my car!

Edit: Sorry for the gigantic pictures...

Edit2: VIN is YV1RH52757264XXXX and is an 07 Passion Red non-sport S60R

·
Registered
898 Posts
If nobody checks for you I will mine this evening when I pick it up from my indy.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If nobody checks for you I will mine this evening when I pick it up from my indy.
I appreciate it. I am so baffled that my buddy here in KC took his 07's off and it was a part that didnt show up in the parts catalog... what gives???

TIA.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Pulled it out, very tough to read but eventually I figured it out that it says "30655381" which is the same thing you found. I googled it, it's a diode bridge for the taillights.

You might want to go to your local body shop and have them get it for you - if they even can.

I don't know what to tell you, sorry man! :angryfire:

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
The upper left corner to the opening appears cracked? Is that the case? If so, that may affect the fit of the tow hook cover. Tasca indicates part number 39996542. What does your local stealership say the part number is?

I bought the Volvo paint in rattle cans and painted mine myself.

I don't know if the V70 and S60 share the same part - Tasca indicates the V70 tow hook sleeve part number is 39992370, which matches the part number on my invoice.

volvo/s60/39996542/2007-year/r-trim/2-5l-l5-gas-engine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-rear-scat/?part_name=tow-brkt-cover

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The upper left corner to the opening appears cracked? Is that the case? If so, that may affect the fit of the tow hook cover. Tasca indicates part number 39996542.
It is just the reflection, all is well! Stock I dont think they attached the little cable (at least waphill's wasn't) so it probably fell out with the PO.

I have sent back 39996542 as it was too tall. Exact on width but too tall for the opening by 1/2" or so.

Thanks for all the help guys. I will take it to the dealership and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I also want to add that you should check this part when it arrives to make sure it isn't warped, test fit it. Mine came warped and I didn't notice it, the shop painted it and now it doesn't sit quite right in the bumper. Not a big deal by any means, but some of us are OCD about how our cars look, you'll notice it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
That's weird. I plugged the info into my estimating system at work to see if it would give a better #, but it came up with 39996542 also. The only thing that I can think of that may be throwing it off is if there was a mid-year/production design change. It happens a good bit, they will change a small aspect of something in the middle of a production year and it screws things up. Check the production date on your car and try and see if a dealer can tell you if there was a production change. I had a expedition sit at our shop for a week because Ford decided to change the liftgate and handle design literally 3 days after this one was produced so the part #s were all F'ed up, it kept reading as an '07, but with the old gate/handle and they kept sending the redesigned gate/handle...PITA. I'll see if I can do some research for ya.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
It is just the reflection, all is well! Stock I dont think they attached the little cable (at least waphill's wasn't) so it probably fell out with the PO.

I have sent back 39996542 as it was too tall. Exact on width but too tall for the opening by 1/2" or so.

Thanks for all the help guys. I will take it to the dealership and see what they have to say.
The bottom piece of the bumper cover is it's own part. On my 06 Sonic R, that whole piece was one part number, including the little cover you're trying to replace.
So that cover might not actually be it's own part on the 06-07 R models.

If I were you I would just put the tow hook in and drive around that way looking baller! :D

·
Registered
3,370 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking about throwing it in there and taking a strap around town since it snowed last night... perfect excuse during winter but can't stand the look in summer...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bottom piece of the bumper cover is it's own part. On my 06 Sonic R, that whole piece was one part number, including the little cover you're trying to replace.
So that cover might not actually be it's own part on the 06-07 R models.

If I were you I would just put the tow hook in and drive around that way looking baller! :D
That would be the worst case for sure. At that point I am just going to fiberglass my own...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I just ordered this for our 06 vr from the dealer. Pn on the bag is 39992370. Pn on the back of the cover itself is 30655832. It looks like it will fit, though I haven't tested it yet. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just ordered this for our 06 vr from the dealer. Pn on the bag is 39992370. Pn on the back of the cover itself is 30655832. It looks like it will fit, though I haven't tested it yet. Hope this helps.
Can you compare the dimensions to my pictures please?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Will do when I get home tonight

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Looks like mine is the right height, but is a little wider? At its widest point, its 7.9cm/ roughly 3-1/8"". I gave you the cm too as its more precise.
Seems it may be "close enough": top be worth trying?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts