SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone please let me know what the name of this cracked part is and what function it serves. Just from observation, I’m assuming it’s a mount that’s partially holding the engine stable. I’m probably wrong tho. Please excuse my newbieness.

Scratch that. After doing some research I’ve come to find out it’s the upper torque mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 S60 T6 AWD
285 Posts
Glad you found the part! I have an S60 T6, and have noticed that mine is partly cracked, and looks identical to the one in the photo. Should I replace it? Should I go with an aftermarket one? If anyone could add some insight on what this part does (other than hold the engine in place under hard acceleration), that would be great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can someone please let me know what the name of this cracked part is and what function it serves. Just from observation, I’m assuming it’s a mount that’s partially holding the engine stable. I’m probably wrong tho. Please excuse my newbieness.
Glad you found the part! I have an S60 T6, and have noticed that mine is partly cracked, and looks identical to the one in the photo. Should I replace it? Should I go with an aftermarket one? If anyone could add some insight on what this part does (other than hold the engine in place under hard acceleration), that would be great!
Nice. You’re from frisco, that’s awesome! I stay in Richmond. I would def replace it, I believe that the purpose of the part is to hold the Engine in place so as to not allow too much movement during acceleration and braking. Since the engine tends to vibrate and has the potential to slide around, that particular piece keeps it in place to minimize engine movement and noise. The fix is fairly straightforward and simple here’s a link to one that I will be purchasing and working on for this weekend.

I would definitely do a bit more research to make sure that this part is the one that you’re looking for and it fits if not just shop around and see if you could find one that is best for you. Best of luck to you mediabybren.

ByloeCelHigh

·
Registered
908 Posts
IPD has a “upgraded” replacement with urethane bushings, and there’s a PowerFlex urethane insert for the OEM arm that you can get from Viva. Some here feel they offer too much feedback/vibration, while others don’t mind.

·
Registered
2012 S60 T6 AWD
285 Posts
Thank you both for the advice! I had heard a few things about the urethane one being a bit stiff. I'll do some looking around, since more than anything, I want to make sure those lower ones stay in good health.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts