SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The very first pic IIRC is a breather for the transmission case. Although I could be wrong.

As for the rest. Can't remember right now. Probably fresh air hoses and the like. Emissions BS and what not.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok... Thanks yeah I grabbed it and the top moved so that makes sense

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just trying to figure out what everything is, hopefully my bro can fix my old laptop with xp on and I can order vida and dice. Can you tell me where imight find the pcv assembly?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Under the intake manifold.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Just trying to figure out what everything is, hopefully my bro can fix my old laptop with xp on and I can order vida and dice. Can you tell me where imight find the pcv assembly?
I see.

You have some other options, you can run an older copy of VADIS which has almost everything VIDA does except the brand new cars and VADIS will run most systems. Also the newer versions of VIDA work well on the latest versions of Win 7.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see.

You have some other options, you can run an older copy of VADIS which has almost everything VIDA does except the brand new cars and VADIS will run most systems. Also the newer versions of VIDA work well on the latest versions of Win 7.
I read that it has to be pro edition set on xp mode I only have home edition, and will the vadis work if I try and do a three day subscription for the dice to upgrade software.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Hi, I would check with the latest info available which suggests improved function in Win 7 environment. Might still have to be Pro edition but that's cheap to upgrade and you still don't need to run it in virtual machine.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?183447-VIDA-2012a-compatibility-Windows-7

As for VADIS and DICE, no go, two different families of diagnostic equipment, VADIS used the VTC200 hardware while VIDA is used exclusively with DiCE.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, I would check with the latest info available which suggests improved function in Win 7 environment. Might still have to be Pro edition but that's cheap to upgrade and you still don't need to run it in virtual machine.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?183447-VIDA-2012a-compatibility-Windows-7

As for VADIS and DICE, no go, two different families of diagnostic equipment, VADIS used the VTC200 hardware while VIDA is used exclusively with DiCE.
Thanks for the info, good to know.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I read that it has to be pro edition set on xp mode I only have home edition, and will the vadis work if I try and do a three day subscription for the dice to upgrade software.
i did try with Wind. Vista home edition and didnt work, then in my wife laptop with win 7 home didnt work either, paid about 99 bucks to upgrade to win 7 pro and work great, is a must have tool for volvo lovers lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts