SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...been a while since i last posted...i have an 2004 R, and just discovered that my Svenske DP has a hole in it. Volvo is saying they cant repair it...and they want to charge me $1,102.00 for a stock DP...the reason they say its so expensive is b/c they say it comes with a catalytic converter? can someone confirm this please, and maybe price of parts...this doesn't seem right. i just want to replace the Svenske DP with a stock one as i don't plan on keeping the car much longer...if this is the case i rather just buy an IPD one for less...

thx

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: Part # catalytic converter/downpipe (Parts @ Boston Volvo)

I'll sell you mine. Laying around somewhere...

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Re: Part # catalytic converter/downpipe (S60Rguy)

Quote, originally posted by S60Rguy »
Hey all...been a while since i last posted...i have an 2004 R, and just discovered that my Svenske DP has a hole in it. Volvo is saying they cant repair it...and they want to charge me $1,102.00 for a stock DP...the reason they say its so expensive is b/c they say it comes with a catalytic converter? can someone confirm this please, and maybe price of parts...this doesn't seem right. i just want to replace the Svenske DP with a stock one as i don't plan on keeping the car much longer...if this is the case i rather just buy an IPD one for less...

thx

You should either take it to an exhaust shop to get fixed, or buy someones stock downpipe for MUCH cheaper than that. Hell, buy a Phuzzy downpipe and save over stock also!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Part # catalytic converter/downpipe (GiRaff3)

thanks for the replies...and to the guys who pmd me regarding stock DP...i'll pass...decided to go with the IPD one and save some $$$...plus i have the IPD stage II software already in the car...so rather have the better DP for less...

·
Registered
927 Posts

thanks for the replies...and to the guys who pmd me regarding stock DP...i'll pass...decided to go with the IPD one and save some $$$...plus i have the IPD stage II software already in the car...so rather have the better DP for less...

Why not just order a new cat from Summit Racing and have it welded in?

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
You could get the Phuz DP, it's reasonable and can be had with the ceramic coating.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

If you are going the aftermarket path again, then I HIGHLY recommend the Phuzzy DP. I have his DP and FMIC, both are awesome. The price is much more reasonable and the quality will be hard to differentiate from IPD and others.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Re: Part # catalytic converter/downpipe (GiRaff3)

Quote, originally posted by GiRaff3 »

If you are going the aftermarket path again, then I HIGHLY recommend the Phuzzy DP. I have his DP and FMIC, both are awesome. The price is much more reasonable and the quality will be hard to differentiate from IPD and others.

Im with Bob on this...Phuz DP is nice craftsmanship. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: Part # catalytic converter/downpipe (QnsMostWanted)

You can get a used OEM DP real easy - I got one for $100 off someone here. Why would you want to spend $700 on a DP if you are selling the car anyway?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.