SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Anyone ever install?
I've STFA and I cant find anything specific to the R.
Thanks
C
I have a Parrot Mki9000. i kept the install as simple as possible. i spliced into the speaker out lines from the amp. only the front left and right tho. when a call comes in or if any A2DB signal goes out from the phone, the parrot mutes the attached speaker lines. i still have to manually turn down the radio to mute the rear and center channels that aren't hooked up to the Parrot. the Mki9000 is a wireless control unit with no screen. totally voice activated which is fine with me. i have both android and iPhone and they both sync fine.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have the Parrot Mki9100 and LOVE it. I've had it for a couple years. I did a pretty thorough install - I cut all 4 speaker channels post-amp and rerouted them through the Parrot, so when I get an incoming call, the stereo is muted and the Parrot takes full control of 12/13 speakers in the car (all but center channel). I also created a custom jumper out of the back of the head unit that isolates the 12V signal to power the amp on and off and wired in a relay, so not only does the Parrot cut out the speakers themselves when a phone call comes in, the amp is actually powered completely off so that it is not trying to pump 300W through a little plastic box. Oh and I threw a relay in the center channel wiring so it gets muted too :) If I remember I'll take some photos of how I have things mounted. Very highly recommended product if you are willing to put in the time to do the install right.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet! That's awesome info. I'm going to have a shop do it for me. I can do a tbelt no sweat but wiring is not my thing! You guys are great thanks again, look forward to seeing some pics.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have installed in my R a Parrot CK3100 and in my XC90 Parrot 3200LS love them both.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lowenhart: seeing how I love your taste in vehicle dressings(your R is amazing btw) would you mind posting me some pics of where you put the inside bits?
Thanks, also was the install hard? Is there a PN for the connector cable to our head unit? I can't find anything.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Lowenhart: seeing how I love your taste in vehicle dressings(your R is amazing btw) would you mind posting me some pics of where you put the inside bits?
Thanks, also was the install hard? Is there a PN for the connector cable to our head unit? I can't find anything.
Thanks for the compliment!

Here are photo's, for both I have hidden the wires in the A pillar and the overhead liner and the microphone is near the rearview mirror.

In my S60R, wires are hidden behind the display and fed between the head unit and dash. Parrot CK 3100:

In my XC90, a small hole was notched in the main air vent and wires fed through. Parrot 3200LS

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I have the ck 3100 as well. Had a shop do the install and it works great. So much better than the Volvo pos unit my parents put in their xc90

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the MK9000i and I installed it using the PA11VOL (US SPEC iPod adapter). Basically I hooked the line-out from the parrot into the line-in (duh :)) and then I have the stereo set to CD6 (Aux) at all times. Great audio quality (rocking some swedish house mafia over A2DP) and phone quality is good too. The microphones are installed in the same place as Lowenhart.

Me and my friends did it in a long evening. Also, the Parrot pulls the power from the hookup for the PA11VOL if I remember correctly, to avoid any interference (since that adapter is known to have issues if installed improperly).

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome guys, thanks for the help. Lowenhart, that install is slick. Thank you for the ideas! What connector did you use?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts