SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing on the option sheets that the Parking ticket holder was standard equipment on the Xc. My Xc doesn't have one on it, not sure if they missed it, or if Volvo decided not to put them in anymore. I used the one on my old xc.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Mine has one under each sun visor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine has one under each sun visor.
Kind of hard for someone to see your parking ticket if you hide it under there ;)

OP is referring to that plastic tab at the bottom left corner of the windshield. It's not in the 2016 XC90, unfortunately--but I wouldn't bet against it coming in the future. Volvo has a weird history of removing it and then reinstalling it over the years in their different models.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Kind of hard for someone to see your parking ticket if you hide it under there ;)

OP is referring to that plastic tab at the bottom left corner of the windshield. It's not in the 2016 XC90, unfortunately--but I wouldn't bet against it coming in the future. Volvo has a weird history of removing it and then reinstalling it over the years in their different models.
Lol, the whole 'parking' mention didn't even come to mind, I went straight to those ones built into the sun visor. I've never seen a vehicle with one to hold a ticket for display through the windshield. Off to google I go to see it on prior Volvo's.

Sorry OP...

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Is this what it looks like:

Mine definitely does not have that here in the U.S.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My XC90 does not have it either at the windshield.
But my 2001 S40 has one :)

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
My old Volvo has it but I don't like. Left front view is very useful for driver and I feel it a little in the way.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Yep that's it
Must be fitted to European models only
Thanks Andy and yes, definitely seems that way kind of like the emergency triangle that mounts in the rear hatch.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It is market specific ...

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have to admit that I'm sort of sad that it doesn't come on the US XC90s. I use the one on my 740 all the time.

·
Registered
543 Posts

Mine has it. Ironically we don't have many metered parkings in the GCC as (say) Europe, but the car still came with one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The clips are part 8616658, cost only a couple $ each... I'll bet your service area can install them to the A pillar trim which will have the provision for the clip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts