SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, is there anyway to disable the front parking sensors when the car is in reverse?

While reversing out of parking spots, the front parking sensors always go nuts (sensing the curb, or parked car in front of me), so much that I can never tell if the rear parking sensors or cross traffic alert are detecting anything. The only way to tell if there is a car (or person behind me) is to look at the sensus screen, but that is an idiotic thing to do while reversing. This is by far my largest annoyance with this car...

Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm learning to ignore it, and I agree it's annoying that the front sensors sound an alarm when the car is in reverse. I don't have a lot of extra space in my garage and it's good that they all sound a warning when I'm driving in and getting close to the wall. It would be better if the front sensors would stay silent when I'm backing out.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
The rear sensors make a different noise than the fronts, and is easily distinguishable. Tye sound also comes from the rear speakers. Are you sure the rears are working?

Lowering the volume is the only way to shut them off, AFAIK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts