SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 T6 Momentum did not have Parking Climate feature and I thought it only pertains to T8, but to my surprise 2019 T6 Inscription does have it, at least as the page on the Climate screen. Today I tried to push the Precondition button on the Parking Climate screen and only got a "Parking Climate temporary unavailable" message. I tried a few more times to no avail. Now I got confused - is something not right with the car and it should work or that feature is not even supposed to work on non-hybrid models and is shown by mistake?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I've used that feature on my MY2018 T6 m+. When that unavailable message popped up, did you try sending a door lock/unlock or other functions to see if it also fails?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First I tried Precondition from VOC app and it failed. Then I tried it right from the Sensus screen and it failed in the same way, so the failure is not VOC specific.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I posted a similar thread about this on my '19 Inscription. Seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it gives me the same message. Hard to tell what condition is causing it not to want to turn on. It if fails, I just remote start the car and don't worry about what condition caused it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It if fails, I just remote start the car and don't worry about what condition caused it.
From my experience when I remote start the car it does not turn on Climate Control and does not really heat or cool the cabin to the temperature configured.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found this page which says Please note: Parking Climate does not turn on the heating or cooling and is dependent on ambient temperature being above 65 degrees Fahrenheit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
“Parking Climate” is a misnomer. They should just call it what it is - ventilation. It’s simply just activates a fan that exchanges outside air with inside air to try to make a hot vehicle more comfortable or bearable when you enter. It triggers neither the A/C compressor nor heating element. According to the manual, if the message that it is temporarily unavailable persists, you should have it checked out. shrugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ah, sorry. I see you found that info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 2017 T6 Momentum did not have Parking Climate feature and I thought it only pertains to T8, but to my surprise 2019 T6 Inscription does have it, at least as the page on the Climate screen. Today I tried to push the Precondition button on the Parking Climate screen and only got a "Parking Climate temporary unavailable" message. I tried a few more times to no avail. Now I got confused - is something not right with the car and it should work or that feature is not even supposed to work on non-hybrid models and is shown by mistake?
Same problem here with a 2018 T8 Momentum. I've narrowed down the error to when the battery is cold it will not start. If the battery has been warmed by driving or charging, the parking climate will start and stay on. If the battery is cold (ie. 20d Michigan morning) then the parking climate will start, run for less then a minute at 3800 watts, then fail and send message to app.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Same problem here with a 2018 T8 Momentum. I've narrowed down the error to when the battery is cold it will not start. If the battery has been warmed by driving or charging, the parking climate will start and stay on. If the battery is cold (ie. 20d Michigan morning) then the parking climate will start, run for less then a minute at 3800 watts, then fail and send message to app. View attachment 117810
Ummm, you may want to get your HVCH looked into while you are under warranty...

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I am at a loss why the OBDII port does not adequately support the hybrid system, particularly the HVCH. Does anyone have any thoughtful conclusions?

It is surprising that junior techs do not seem to be trained or equipped to perform such a test when preconditioning or no heat issues are reported. I realize that the master techs have limited time and high demands.

With more and more T8s / Recharges being purchased/leased and BEVs on deck, is anything changing with Volvo training and VIDA capabilities?

All the best from Minnesota USA,
A fine MY16 XC90 T8

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Yup, HVCH is dead. They all appear to die quickly, followed by the on-board charger.

Gary, I was told the HVCH doesn't store a global fault code when it fails. This is a design issue because the tech then has to directly query the HVCH control module.

The tech at my dealer didn't know how to manually schedule preconditioning via Sensus, so they asked me to activate it over VOC. No big deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts