SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else see this error after parking climate runs for about 5 minutes? It just started happening this week, which is also when my AC started acting up. If I set the climate control to any temperature (even 62F), all I get is slightly cool air being blown in, whereas if I set it to Lo I get nice cold air. My thermometer says its about 80F in the car, so methinks a temperature sensor has gone bad. And yes, I made sure AC was on. Guess I'll be taking it in for some warranty work...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got a "server error" this morning when trying to start it. Don't recall any issues earlier in the week.

·
Registered
197 Posts
For the AC issue does the outside temp sensor read correct? Mine went wonky registering single digits when it was 90; software fixed that

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Anyone else see this error after parking climate runs for about 5 minutes? It just started happening this week, which is also when my AC started acting up. If I set the climate control to any temperature (even 62F), all I get is slightly cool air being blown in, whereas if I set it to Lo I get nice cold air. My thermometer says its about 80F in the car, so methinks a temperature sensor has gone bad. And yes, I made sure AC was on. Guess I'll be taking it in for some warranty work...
What’s your air flow set to ? Lo will use full power of blower. It could be that the air is cold but with slow blower you don’t feel it.

Also the parking climate just uses the air from outside and if there is no temp difference I think it doesn’t turn on.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I got a "server error" this morning when trying to start it. Don't recall any issues earlier in the week.
That’s nothing lol

So many times now if I’m having issues with my wireless if you’re in the hotel and you’re walking down and you’re trying to start the car my app will tell me can start car engine failure🤣🤣🤣🤣 iPhones and mobile phones and abs sometimes they crash sometimes they don’t work correctly so I just close the app and try again

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the AC issue does the outside temp sensor read correct? Mine went wonky registering single digits when it was 90; software fixed that
It does seem to read correctly.

What’s your air flow set to ? Lo will use full power of blower. It could be that the air is cold but with slow blower you don’t feel it.

Also the parking climate just uses the air from outside and if there is no temp difference I think it doesn’t turn on.
Air flow is set to max. I suspect there's a sensor issue, because Lo blows cold air just fine, but 62F seems to blow ambient air, making me think the car thinks the inside temperature is already low enough.

I believe for the T8 models, parking climate will actually use the heater or AC to heat/cool the air as long as you're plugged in. At least, that's what it did for the first 2 months.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got some more details: I noticed this time that in the gauge cluster, the error reads: "Parking climate limited. Charge level too low". However, the car is at full charge and plugged in...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take it in for service already. Sheesh, numerous T8 owners have had issues with preconditioning, including myself.
I already have an appointment setup, but with the pandemic going on sadly it isn't until the end of the month.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
The high voltage coolant heater was the cause of parking climate heating issue. Not sure if A/C could trigger it too.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I already have an appointment setup, but with the pandemic going on sadly it isn't until the end of the month.
Confused what those the pandemic has to due with it?

Let me guess customer cars need to stay 6 feet away from each other with a towel in the exhaust pipe...

Looks like everyone is using this as an excuse to lower customer service standards.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Confused what those the pandemic has to due with it?

Let me guess customer cars need to stay 6 feet away from each other with a towel in the exhaust pipe...

Looks like everyone is using this as an excuse to lower customer service standards.
A lot of places aren’t able to be fully staffed right now. Currently there’s only 2 service advisors working at my local dealership when it’s usually 4-5. I imagine there’s fewer service techs on hand as well.

Yes, I’m sure they love servicing less cars and getting less business.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update: The dealership couldn't pull up any codes or has any idea on why it's happening, so they updated the software and said to make another appointment if it happens again, so we shall see. So far at least it looks like the AC is back to normal, so that's a good sign.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts