SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, had the v60 in the Volvo dealership from whence it came yesterday. They were replacing the discs and pads at the rear, so this obviously requires fiddling with the electronic parking brake. picked the car up last night, seemed fine, but this morning the low battery warning came on, the parking brake wouldn't fully release and then would fully engage again. Had the AA pop round to charge the battery, and they found nothing wrong with the battery, but then when my wife drove the car out of the driveway it's flashing the 'parking brake not fully released' warning again. and no amount of flapping the lever on and off will change it.

Has anyone had this happen? Seems to me like the mechanics at the Volvo shop have done something a bit wonky, but I don't want to tell my wife to drive the car there if the park brake is stuck on, and the shop aren't answering the phone or calling me back. So to the internet I go! any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
IIRC someone had a parking brake issue and some recycling of power resolved it--your issue might be complicated by a potentially bad battery--I'd get a second opinion on said battery...

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
There is a TJ for releasing the rear parking brake with VIDA. If they skipped this step that could be the problem. There also is a way to manually release it, which may be faster if they didnt want to hook up the computer, and they may not have adjusted it back correctly. Take it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts