SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the parking brake handle on a 1966 1800? I have been staring at it for hours and it seems to be riveted on. So before I start cutting at it I was hoping someone had a trick.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
It's been a few years, but I think the whole mechanism comes out as a unit. I don't remember ever separating the handle from the rest of it. It's just barely possible to sneak the whole thing out if you get the angle just right.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been a few years, but I think the whole mechanism comes out as a unit. I don't remember ever separating the handle from the rest of it. It's just barely possible to sneak the whole thing out if you get the angle just right.
Hmm... I thought the unit was actually welded to the 1800 floor from what I can remember. And how can a person replace the handle if the unit can't be removed/taken apart without cutting it?

-Jon

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
734 Posts
There is a pin that goes through the body and into the handle. I just removed mine a couple weeks ago but it was a real pain to get the pin to slide out. Here is a picture of the two parts. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts