SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody has any picture of how or where to adjust the parking brake?

i've heard that it is a nut that need to be adjusted IF the parking brake cable isn't that stretched ..

please let me know, and thanks ....

ps....i've used the search tool and it didn't work :S

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
+1

I'm interested to know as well :)

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Great. That picture alone should be stickies :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

here is the picture, for lazy people lol...

anyways, i turn the nut like 2 times clockwise and it didn't do anything :confused:
perhaps i have a stretched parking cable or it need more adjustment.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
That's not it... :D

it's this:

·
Registered
484 Posts
the proper way is to lift the rear whels when adjusting the nut. you should not tighten it to the point where the wheels wont spin freely.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the proper way is to lift the rear whels when adjusting the nut. you should not tighten it to the point where the wheels wont spin freely.

didn't know this... thanks

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
So why not adjusting it with the car on the ground?

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
the proper way is to lift the rear wheels when adjusting the nut. you should not tighten it to the point where the wheels wont spin freely.
While adjusting a car with any significant mileage I would suggest this.... Jack the rear & remove both wheels. Make sure that the E-brake lever on both calipers is fully releasing. It's quite common for the lever to bind in the caliper from corrosion or for the cable itself to bind for the same reason. Replace any necessary parts. Only adjust the cable tension after you have verified that everything moves freely. Adjust the cable "to taste" but never so tight that the lever at the caliper starts to move. Make sure both levers can fully retract.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
need to lift the car and made the proper adjustment...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Brownie points for all!! This saved me taking apart my console looking for the adjustment nut :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wooohoo +

1 - 16 of 16 Posts