SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after owning my V60 for about a month, here is a major dislike that should be so easy to fix.

When parking forward into a garage/parking space, the car automatically pops up the screen shown in the screenshot below:

Parking Aid.jpg

Here's my question:

Why is there no button to switch to the camera view? I have a 360° camera system in the car, why can't I access it from this screen to see how I'm parking and what's actually in front (and to the sides) of me?

Even trying to get to the camera screen manually is an absolute pain, as the car often just pulls back to the sensor display when I try to change to the screen where I can activate the camera.

Doesn't anyone at Volvo actually use this car? How can they not already have added a soft-button to the screen above to make it easy to get the camera view?

Reactions: 4orced4door

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yeah, I'd have to say that this is a bit annoying. I've even re-arranged my icons so my 360 camera button is sitting off by itself...so in theory quicker to activate but it tends to want to go back to the parking sensor screen. Takes a couple tries for camera to stay up...by then I'm parked.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Would be awesome if the 360 camera can be activated via sensus voice

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have reached out to Volvo about this and will share any response I get from them ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
swipe left and touch "camera"
"Swipe left" doesn't work on my "Park Assist" screen. I have to hit the home button, swipe left, and if I get lucky there is just enough time to hit the "camera" icon, as usually the car has already switched back to the Park Assist screen and I can start from scratch.

There is absolutely no reason not to have the camera icon in the park assist screen.

·
Registered
61 Posts
"Swipe left" doesn't work on my "Park Assist" screen. I have to hit the home button, swipe left, and if I get lucky there is just enough time to hit the "camera" icon, as usually the car has already switched back to the Park Assist screen and I can start from scratch.

There is absolutely no reason not to have the camera icon in the park assist screen.
What I meant was before you pull into the garage, swipe left and activate the camera, then touch 360....

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I have been relying on this Park Assist screen and warning lights to stop my car before the wall in my garage. Have not ever needed 360 degree view at home.

In some public parking garages it would be nice to have 360 degree view when I am concerned abut space and speed is very slow. So yeh, I agree 360 camera view should be easier to be opened.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have been relying on this Park Assist screen and warning lights to stop my car before the wall in my garage. Have not ever needed 360 degree view at home.

In some public parking garages it would be nice to have 360 degree view when I am concerned abut space and speed is very slow. So yeh, I agree 360 camera view should be easier to be opened.
In my opinion, why not just have the Sensor Display Screen be the 360 degree screen by default on cars with the 360 view package. It would be so simple... You would think they would have thought that to begin with. I totally get why this screen exists, but it should only exist within the cars that don't have this camera feature.

No one would mind the 360 view by default, but everyone seems to mind or at least rather it be that than the sensor screen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Better yet, why not have a split screen option like other makes offer? Should be able to set that as the default choice when in reverse. I also agree that camera/360 option button should also be easier to access.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
In my opinion, why not just have the Sensor Display Screen be the 360 degree screen by default on cars with the 360 view package. It would be so simple... You would think they would have thought that to begin with. I totally get why this screen exists, but it should only exist within the cars that don't have this camera feature.

No one would mind the 360 view by default, but everyone seems to mind or at least rather it be that than the sensor screen.
There is regulation in US that requires the rear view being displayed when gear is in R.
There is also concerns whenever car is moving, video should not be displayed on screen. So only driver thinks it is safe, he could bring on the 360 degree view.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Typically when I'm backing into a spot I engage my 360 - only when I'm in the spot do I have to worry about the sensor screen.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't have the 360 camera in my car and have to rely completely on the front sensors when I'm pulling forward into a spot. I echo the sentiment that in the US market anyways, laws do not allow access to video features while the vehicle is moving. This gives more control to the driver and promotes actually paying attention. Would it be nice to have? Certainly, is it idiocy? That's a little over the top.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
997 Posts
There is regulation in US that requires the rear view being displayed when gear is in R.
There is also concerns whenever car is moving, video should not be displayed on screen. So only driver thinks it is safe, he could bring on the 360 degree view.
In the tesla 3 you can push the camera button at any and all times and leave it on while driving without any issue, so I doubt any laws affect this.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
So after owning my V60 for about a month, here is a major dislike that should be so easy to fix.

When parking forward into a garage/parking space, the car automatically pops up the screen shown in the screenshot below:

View attachment 53553

Here's my question:

Why is there no button to switch to the camera view? I have a 360° camera system in the car, why can't I access it from this screen to see how I'm parking and what's actually in front (and to the sides) of me?

Even trying to get to the camera screen manually is an absolute pain, as the car often just pulls back to the sensor display when I try to change to the screen where I can activate the camera.

Doesn't anyone at Volvo actually use this car? How can they not already have added a soft-button to the screen above to make it easy to get the camera view?
I will admit that it is nice to have the 360 camera and I have thought it could be integrated better. But we have been driving Volvos for 20 years with "just" front and rear park assist and it has been seamless. Haven't hit the garage wall, haven’t hit the car in front or back of us. Where I find the need for the 360 cam is when parallel parking so as not to hit the curb. Camera activates (when pressed) at much lower speeds than I would like. Usually try it first and get the warning b/c I'm going too fast. Then have to do it again when slower. I do agree that there needs to be a steering wheel button rather than swipe left/right, activate, but I don’t see the point of the 360 for garage parking. The sensors do a fine job without the cam. But we all like what we like!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts