SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all of you,
five days before I ordered the S60 2.0T
Looking through the brochure (BE) I have noticed that there is a system named IAQS which is integrated with the ECC system. However it is mentioned also as optional equipment at the relevant optional equipment list.
According to the brochure also there is a kind of Park Pilot "radar de recul". Is this a standard equipment or is it integrated with the foldable rear headrestraints, or what ?? I can't understand.
If anyone knows thanks in advance for the reply. I'm waiting also for the dealer to confirm.
Bye
Michael

·
Registered
300 Posts
I believe the IAQS is the Inside Air Quality System, which is a filter that blocks outside pollen and dust from entering the car when you have the vent on. The ECC system is the Environmental Control system, better known as the heater/defroster. (Yours might or might not have air conditioning)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Hello,

IAQS - Interior Air Quality System

If you add the interior air quality system to the ECC, the air inside your Volvo is always cleaner than it is outside. An air quality sensor monitors the levels of toxic carbon monoxide in the incoming air and closes the air intake long before the levels inside the car become unhealthy - when driving behind trucks, for example, or in tailbacks and tunnels. The Multifilter with active carbon prevents dust, pollen and exhaust particles from entering the car via the ventilation unit, along with fumes from tailpipes, wiper fuel and oil, for example. It also reduces levels of nitrogen oxide, ground-level ozone and hydrocarbons, for example.

Park Pilot - Reversing Radar

When reversing into a parking space, a reverse warning system is useful - a buzzer in the car indicates the distance to objects close behind the car.

I hope this helps!

-Drew

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much.
So, I don't think that this IAQS (healthy anyway) it is so mandatory in a country environment.
The parking system looks helpful to avoid destroying our own and other people cars. But what about the others that will park behind or infront of our cars. Are they going to have similar systems?
Thanks anyway.
Bye.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts