SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parallel parking works great and could actually be useful. However, I have been unable to test the perpendicular park assist. I press Park In, and the car start scanning but never finds a spot, it just keep scanning. I've tried many times now. Only once did it find a spot and told me to reverse straight into another car. Anyone else having issues with perpendicular parking assist? Anyone have a solution to this - or will I need a dealer to look at it? Bwt, I find perpendicular parking super easy just using the reverse camera but it would be nice to have a car that works as it should. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It requires cars to be parked either side of a spot for it to be chosen. It parks between the cars not into a parking bay. Also need to make sure it's scanning on the correct side of your car. I believe turn indicator on tells the car which side to scan on but I never tried this. I only ever use park out in parallel parking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It requires cars to be parked either side of a spot for it to be chosen. It parks between the cars not into a parking bay. Also need to make sure it's scanning on the correct side of your car. I believe turn indicator on tells the car which side to scan on but I never tried this. I only ever use park out in parallel parking.
Thanks Deman77. My perpendicular park assist is just not working, it keeps scanning when passing the open spots. I tried both sides (using indicator on one side). Weird. No one else with this issue?

Also now at 730km. Screens rebooted twice today for the first time (no big deal at all) and breaks started making high pitch sounds at slow speeds today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts