SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing a parasitic draw on the battery for my 2010 XC90. The draw drains the battery below 11 volts even after sitting only a few minutes and I am forced to jump start the car. (perhaps the battery is damaged at this point) I can audibly hear something humming in console near the ac controls. It isn't a fan but something is definitely running.

However, I have traced the draw to the number 10 circuit in the diagram below:

This circuit is labeled as "Instrument panel, climate system, power driver’s seat, Occupant Weight Sensor". When I unplug the fuse to this circuit, the noise and the draw on the battery cease.

How can I determine if the climate control panel in the dash needs to be replaced? Although the draw is on this circuit, I don't really know how to fix the problem. Is it as simple as replacing the climate control panel?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't really know how to fix the problem. Is it as simple as replacing the climate control panel?
If it is the CCM - that module (if new) would require a software download (using a VIDA Subscription) to make it work. So, not simple. A company such as xemodex sells remanufactured CCMs (that would be plug and play) and might be able to help you with your diagnosis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is the CCM - that module (if new) would require a software download (using a VIDA Subscription) to make it work. So, not simple. A company such as xemodex sells remanufactured CCMs (that would be plug and play) and might be able to help you with your diagnosis.
I took the climate control module out and cleaned it. The battery drain continued after I reinstalled the module. This circuit controls the AC, passenger Airbag and the controls to the drivers seat controls. I pulled the fuse to this circuit and the dashboard controls (speed, turn signal indicators in the dash, etc.) no longer work either. The power drain is gone, but it is impractical to operate the car without this circuit. It seems that there are many items that could be the cause. Does anyone have any idea on how to isolate the root cause of the drain on this circuit?

What are the possible solutions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts