SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is your Pandora app working in your car? My app would load the radio stations and album art but would stay on buffering. Spotify works, so I know this is not a connectivity issue

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happening the last couple weeks

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried a few minutes ago and didn't work. Stupid question...how do I uninstall the app on Sensus?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I believe you just go to the installed apps( where you would update) page and you have a delete icon. I can check later after work though....
Hit download center, application updates, installed apps, you'll get a list of your apps, click the trash icon and it will delete

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah. I uninstalled and installed it again. I could log in and browse my radio channels, but unable to stream.
Now if I connect the Sensus to my home wifi network, the audio starts right away.
That's weird as I can start playing Spotify on Sensus right away, so I know I have data connected in the car

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's Pandora set on high quality and/ or to buffer before play back starts? I know the app on my phone has those settings and with a weak connection it takes awhile to start.
My car modem was a mess, would connect but not download or stream anything, some setting was off from O.S.D.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pandora is set at normal quality. I tried toggling high quality and back to normal quality... Still buffering and not play. When I switch to connecting my home wifi router, even high quality would place instantly

I have my Spotify set to High quality and rarely had rebuffer issues

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Using a wifi hotspot from my phone works too. Think I'll bring it in sometime to the dealership

·
Registered
817 Posts
It's funny I'm a computer guy, and just from what I know of the industry, I assumed the built-in apps are going to be buggy. A small community of users (only Volvo drivers), a customized OS, with not much means for feedback (I'm sure your dealer would file a bug report lol), on a platform with infrequent updates. It's just a recipe for lackluster software. Spotify works better just bluetooth or through Carplay on the phone.

Love the weather app though!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I work in the tech industry and have been dealing with network, wifi and streaming services for over 10 years. My hypothesis is that the Pandora app is timing out in the fill audio buffer phase and aborting all further downloads. I might be able to patch into the vehicle hotspot and run traceroute and a bandwidth test to check if the data Sim is rate-limiting the network speed.
That is maybe half a day of work but I'd rather do something else

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah. I uninstalled and installed it again. I could log in and browse my radio channels, but unable to stream.
Now if I connect the Sensus to my home wifi network, the audio starts right away.
That's weird as I can start playing Spotify on Sensus right away, so I know I have data connected in the car
I have that exact same issue with the exact same attempt to try and re-install - no success. I don't have Spotify, so I can't test that, but the weather app is working, so I have data access ... I also haven't tried to connect using my home WiFi as it wouldn't really help resolve the issue for me.

I do notice that the indicator for my cell phone (T-mobile) vs the data connection (AT&T - I think) is always different, in 99% of cases the T-mobile signal is much stronger ...

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
647 Posts
I work in the tech industry and have been dealing with network, wifi and streaming services for over 10 years. My hypothesis is that the Pandora app is timing out in the fill audio buffer phase and aborting all further downloads. I might be able to patch into the vehicle hotspot and run traceroute and a bandwidth test to check if the data Sim is rate-limiting the network speed.
That is maybe half a day of work but I'd rather do something else

You need a data plan for Pandora and TuneIn and the hotspot. If you connect to the hotspot and you get redirected to some ATT website.. you don't have a data plan.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just leased a 2019 V90 CC with the 6 mo. AT&T Internet trial install. Downloaded Spotify and Pandora to the Apps library, then logged into both streaming services via account name/PW. Selected Vehicle Modem Internet in Sensus...Spotify connected and streamed immediately; Pandora (seemingly) connected, “Radio”, album loaded but wouldn’t play/stream. Connected a mobile hotspot to Sensus via Vehicle Mobile Hotspot option, and both Spotify and Pandora loaded and streamed seamlessly. Also could connect to home LAN WiFi and again stream both music services. So, why can’t Pandora stream over “complementary” AT&T Internet but Spotify can? Seems to be pointless to sign up for the paid version if Pandora doesn’t work. Has anyone successfully sorted this business out?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just leased a 2019 V90 CC with the 6 mo. AT&T Internet trial install. Downloaded Spotify and Pandora to the Apps library, then logged into both streaming services via account name/PW. Selected Vehicle Modem Internet in Sensus...Spotify connected and streamed immediately; Pandora (seemingly) connected, “Radio”, album loaded but wouldn’t play/stream. Connected a mobile hotspot to Sensus via Vehicle Mobile Hotspot option, and both Spotify and Pandora loaded and streamed seamlessly. Also could connect to home LAN WiFi and again stream both music services. So, why can’t Pandora stream over “complementary” AT&T Internet but Spotify can? Seems to be pointless to sign up for the paid version if Pandora doesn’t work. Has anyone successfully sorted this business out?
Should have noted that both of our Pandora and Spotify subs are paid “premium” or equivalent versions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts