SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching Pandora automotive support it appears many Volvo owners are having problems with Pandora reception using the in-car modem. The Volvo installed app will load, but when you attempt to play selection Pandora freezes and nothing plays. Have contacted Volvo support, but they referred me Pandora. Pandora support says they are aware of problem and are working with Volvo to correct problem. But reading Pandora support comments confirms many Volvo users are having the problem. Has anyone found work around?

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
After searching Pandora automotive support it appears many Volvo owners are having problems with Pandora reception using the in-car modem. The Volvo installed app will load, but when you attempt to play selection Pandora freezes and nothing plays. Have contacted Volvo support, but they referred me Pandora. Pandora support says they are aware of problem and are working with Volvo to correct problem. But reading Pandora support comments confirms many Volvo users are having the problem. Has anyone found work around?
It may depends on the area; I am in SoCal, I rarely have an issue.

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
491 Posts
You also need to have a data plan. Almost guaranteed your trial ran out or you don't have a valid data plan / connection for phone internet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You also need to have a data plan. Almost guaranteed your trial ran out or you don't have a valid data plan / connection for phone internet.
Yes we have used ATT data plan for over 3 years, since expiration of the trial period. Other Volvo installed apps requiring data plan, such as "Find Fuel", Glimpse", "TuneIn", "Yelp" etc work without problem. Seems to be unique to Pandora.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes we have used ATT data plan for over 3 years, since expiration of the trial period. Other Volvo installed apps requiring data plan, such as "Find Fuel", Glimpse", "TuneIn", "Yelp" etc work without problem. Seems to be unique to Pandora.
Same here, I lost Pandora a few weeks ago so I switched over to TuneIn. When trying to access Pandora using the Volvo modem, I get a brief message "the account has been deactivated/suspended by pandora" yet my Pandora account works fine on other devices.

On another note, I've noticed since the beginning of the year that 3G service seems to be disappearing... I'm lucky to have connectivity 50% of the time while driving from San Diego to Santa Monica (roaming is checked) on the 5 and 405 freeways. I hope Volvo's alleged modem upgrade is available soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts