SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a day off Sunday to hike around Waimea Canyon and I took a ton of photos. I managed to figure out how to piece 3 or 4 shots to make a Pamoramic shot. Unfortuintly, Image shack really down sizes things.

Any suggestions on where to post high MB pics at higher rez?

I got some really great shots with the Canon, but they are not much at the size I'm being forced down to.

Thanks

B

Modified by KillerB at 2:18 AM 6-9-2009

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Pan shots (KillerB)

Beautiful shots!!

My two favorite sites are Smugmug and Pbase. Both have a yearly fee of about $25. Smugmug has a lot more foo foo things and the hosting seems better too than Pbase. Pbase is simple yet effective.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Re: Pan shots (850arrrsaylikepirate)

Strange I have almost the exact same stitched picture

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'll take a look at the sites.

Ya Kris, that vantage point is pretty popular. I took a helecopter ride in the morning to scope out the land/trails, then I caught the look out point on the way to the trails.

The old 3 ml Nualolo Trail is what I took. Lots of pictures that I'll stich together over the next week and post. That trail looks like this:

oh... and I didn't have to clean it up yet, but a shot for my mother that I took on top of the Trump Internation that is currently under construction in Honolulu. I had a meeting there last month and snapped a lot of photos.

Modified by KillerB at 2:09 AM 6-10-2009

·
Registered
190 Posts
I second the motion on PBase as a pretty decent gallery site.

The interface may not be the prettiest compared to some, but the pricing is reasonable and the "pages" are fairly uncluttered. I've been using it for a couple of years now and have several thousand photos spread across a couple of dozen galleries.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Re: (sapearl)

NIce pics! Now where is that pic of your broken tooth??? Need my Canon 100mm macro????

As for web hosting of pics, I also like pbase. I think you might just find a few pics of proof of your mad driving skills (ie fried clutch) in my gallery (Kirb)

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Kirb)

It's the one next to the back wisdom tooth. I need that one camera from your office that's on a tiny stick.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Re: (universityvolvoOSD)

Quote, originally posted by universityvolvoOSD »
Awesome canyon shots B and Kris! The colors are pretty amazing.
You both deserve a

Dammit Bob, stop teasing!!!

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (fcpgroton)

Quote, originally posted by fcpgroton »
Where is that mountain / valley located?

Waimea Canyon

Southwestern part of Kauai.

It's where they shot the electric fences that held the T-Rex's in the movie Jurrasic Park. The waterfall at the beginning and end of that movie is at the south east tip of that valley.

The helicopter shot of the coast line and me on the hill side is west Kauai. It's called the Napali Coast.

·
Banned
1,698 Posts
It's funny you reference that movie, when I saw these pictures I was thinking to myself how it was very similar to Jurrasic Park!

Those electric fences are pretty intense, too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts