SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022.5 XC90 T8 ER Inscription
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've paired each of our keys to a driver profile. When we start the car (2022.5 T8 ER) it still defaults to the last used profile. Any additional steps to get it to activate the profile associated with the key?

·
Registered
MY22.5 XC90 Recharge Extended Range in Birch Light and Blond, Lounge, Advanced, Climate, Air and B&W
391 Posts
If both keys are in the car, it will default to the key that last opened the car.

Reactions: T8 or not T8

·
Registered
38 Posts
You will probably need to save the settings after you adjust it. Otherwise, the next time you start the car, the settings associated with the key would be the one you last saved not last adjusted.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Also, be consistent. Use seat memory 1 for person, and seat memory 2 for another person, regardless of which key is used. On every car, every key, my wife is #1. So no matter what car/key, if I hit the number 2 button before I get in, the seat will be set for me. And if a car pairs a profile to a key, all the better, I always try number 2...

·
Premium Member
4,221 Posts
It's based on what car unlocks the car, nothing else. So if you don't lock the car in the garage, or someone else opens the door for you, that can cause it to not work as desired.

·
Premium Member
4,221 Posts
We used to have issues with our orange care key being picked up constantly despite not being used until I wrapped it in aluminum foil to solve the problem..
And you know you can get them unprogrammed from being Care Key now right?

·
Registered
2022.5 XC90 T8 ER Inscription
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And you know you can get them unprogrammed from being Care Key now right?
Hah, ours is unprogrammed. We got nice wooden key shells off of Etsy to replace the cheap plastic Volvo shells. Obviously until those showed up I had the orange shell and my wife had the slightly less obnoxious shell. Annoying because a care key would be perfect. For our 3rd key. Kind of like the Honda we bought 10 years ago that had a valet key as the 3rd key…I guess this is what happens when we get a new car every decade. The times are changing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts