SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone painted R calipers with anything other than the G2 paint. I mean like a professional spray gun job? Or perhaps powder coated them?

I know you don't want to split the halves cuz we can't get the passage seals and tourqe specs, so that's why I'm wondering if you can powder coat them still together.

I think I will buy another set of brembos and have them done either gold or yellow like that VR in the for classifieds. I think either would looook siiick with the Sonic.

Gold might be copying that dude from Seattle though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on now...don't be hatin....no one has powder coated the brembos???

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Has anyone painted R calipers with anything other than the G2 paint. I mean like a professional spray gun job? Or perhaps powder coated them?

I know you don't want to split the halves cuz we can't get the passage seals and tourqe specs, so that's why I'm wondering if you can powder coat them still together.

I think I will buy another set of brembos and have them done either gold or yellow like that VR in the for classifieds. I think either would looook siiick with the Sonic.

Gold might be copying that dude from Seattle though :rolleyes:
Here's a thread about powdercoating your R calipers:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?154765-s60r-brake-caliper-rebuild

·
Registered
605 Posts
You don't need to break them down to powder coat. I've done my Brembos and single piston OEs, with no issues.
So have many others. In fact I haven't heard of any problems.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you George!! That's an awesome thread. I remember reading it a while back but forgot about it. I think I will get a seperate set of calipers and do them gold or yellow. Maybe yellow with a blue brembo label. HOT!! And im gunna split them..im no *****

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if you can afford new brembos just to have a pretty new color, then do it. why waste time asking?

Sent from my iPhone
Don't hate on me cuz I want my car to look better. You, me and most people on here spend 10 million times the amount of money on other mods for our cars that don't serve much of a purpose, cuz its not like we all track our cars. Just daily or weekend drivers. So spending like 700 on brembos is really not that much. People spend thousands to get a body kit and paint it just to make their R look like a honda. And people spend almost a grand to get freakin carbon fiber engine covers that you dont see. (Sorry george)

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
George, you know Ben mcnally or something like that?? He works for my familys company now in CT. He has a red built 850. He said you guys used to be tight.

And most importantly...whats the interior of the sonic project??

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Don't hate on me cuz I want my car to look better. You, me and most people on here spend 10 million times the amount of money on other mods for our cars that don't serve much of a purpose, cuz its not like we all track our cars. Just daily or weekend drivers. So spending like 700 on brembos is really not that much. People spend thousands to get a body kit and paint it just to make their R look like a honda. And people spend almost a grand to get freakin carbon fiber engine covers that you dont see. (Sorry george)
Zach gets sand in his V from time to time....we still love him though<3

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
George, you know Ben mcnally or something like that?? He works for my familys company now in CT. He has a red built 850. He said you guys used to be tight.

And most importantly...whats the interior of the sonic project??
Of course I know Ben. Tell him I say hello! Last time I saw him was at a dyno day in November.

The Sonic S60R is getting our own version of "Atacama" leather swap.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet. If that already Atacama in it...ill buy it!!! And we got another volvo freak at our shop. Sean Kaplan. He drives a goldish 855. And his son drives a black 854R that Ben built..hes an older guy maybe 50. But we are all gearheads and me and my uncle (who owns the shop) collectivley have 11 whipz. We all work on our cars together, and Ben has showed me a lot. We doin a progressive meth kit on my car next week or so. And his buddy is gunna do another custom tune on it with launch control and different maps using 4C buttons

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Everything I buy has a purpose, be it aesthetic or functional. Spending 700$ to have different color calipers is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Everything I buy has a purpose, be it aesthetic or functional. Spending 700$ to have different color calipers is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled

1 - 20 of 25 Posts