SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have found pictures of ppl painting interior parts but what sand paper do i use to remove the paint and whats a good product that will with stand heat and cold (type of paint) also what sand paper do i use once i paint each layer ?

thanks if ne one has link to this answer that would be great to but i didnt find anything

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Re: Painting interior parts help (jdsr917)

i would go to the Duplicolor site. they make products for all types of painting/renovation of cars. i see their stuff on the hot rod tv shows on sat and sunday mornings.

duplicolor is easy to find and make products for plastic interior painting even for fabric and vinyl. i have seen real jobs done that look great.

good luck

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: (hastee)

I found Duplicolor's interior trim paint at Autozone. It's a flat-eggshell black, matches stock color pretty good. I don't know how well it would compare side by side, but if you need to paint an isolated piece, it blends in perfectly.
Sandpaper depends on what you are trying to do. A fine grit will rough up the paint enough to cover. If you are completely repainting it, then strip the old paint, and sand it until smooth. Most paints you come across will require a clean surface, then adhere pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts