SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It Started with my front grill, then ended with me experimenting with my pegs...
It took me about 6 hours on and off, using autozone rim primer and rim spray paint.
it was my first time painting rims, and there were a few imperfections, but I'm thinking about new rims when i buy new tires soon, so I dont really mind...
Feel free to comment, I'm a big boy, I can handle criticism...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Re: Painted My Pegs (a2z_lgx)

VERY original man, I like it. I was expecting to see them all black when I clicked on the thread. Looks like a job well done. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Grill looks great too BTW, now she just needs a drop

Did you see pegs like this before? or you just had the idea and went with it?

·
Registered
63,013 Posts

Nice job but not my taste

·
Registered
17 Posts

You did a fantastic job on the rims. Very original. Not my cup o' tea though. Awesome nonetheless.

The blacked out lip on the front grill looks frakin incredible though. I've been thinking of doing that since I bought my R last month.
Now seeing how nice it looks I'm definitely going for it (I hope you don't mind. Says a lot about your skills though)

Overall a very nice job man. Can't wait to see those new rims when you get 'em

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a crazy idea that my bro and I had, and I went for it... haven't seen any pegs like it.
As far as a drop, it's coming soon, but the gap looks bigger cause the shocks/springs haven't settled from all four corners being off the ground for a full day.

*Foreveradvanced, go ahead and do it, i don't mind...

Thanks for the compliments!

- Alex

·
Registered
999 Posts

I like it. And I think it will look really good when you shine those tires up a bit.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
Re: (Rezin S60T5)

Unique, clever, cool, http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

I was going to (still might) powder coat a set of 18's I have in a similar way, except the 'negative' of what you did.

I plan on keeping the spokes and 'lip' either silver or "natural" aluminum, and doing the inner portion in TiGray, similar to the Sonic Blue Pegs that were done a while back.

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: (AthruC)

They're called ASA JH-9

·
Registered
8,754 Posts

Quote, originally posted by a2z_lgx »

Cool idea, but it needs some more silver to tie it in.

Maybe paint your bumper/door trim and/or lower sills in the Peg silver?

Can someone photo shop that with above pic to see how it would look?

·
Registered
17,003 Posts
lame nees more color

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.