SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to the boards so sorry if this has been covered before. I have a 1998 black Volvo S70. Last year, I scraped up the passenger rear side pretty bad on a pole. I finally got around to ordering touch up paint and while I followed the directions, now it just looks like a big black blob of paint on my car. I bought a little sanding kit to buff the paint down but I'm kind of afraid to use it.

Has anyone done their own touch up painting? I'm also pretty limited on funds and don't have a bunch of fancy equipment, but any way I can get rid of this blob of paint would be wonderful. I've read you can also just use paint thinner, but I was wondering if I should invest the $20 for Langka's blob remover. I've done some googling on how best to fix it and it seems pretty tied between sanding/buffing it out (and using paint thinner as necessary) or just investing the money on the Langka. (I would just purchase the blob remover, not the whole kit.)

Honestly my car looked better with the huge scrap than it does with this paint blob. :eek:

I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run since my car has 180k+ miles and most likely, my dad, the Volvo aficionado will inherit it from me, but I do want it to look nice while I continue to drive it. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
A pic might help a little. Touch up paint is just that, it's for small touch ups. Lots of polishing may help, but if you got a black blob on a red car, that's not going to help you much. I assume you car is black, right?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts