SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inbetween waxings, I am noticing pronounced areas on my roof where it appears that the shipping paper was attached. From the looks of it, it seems that a large piece of this material was over my sunroof as the hazed paint shows a crisp edge both fore and aft of the glass. Has anyone else experienced similar with the non-clearcoat colors and if so, any suggestions? Did the dealer screw something up upon removal of the covering?<P>I have tried applying Mother's cleaner before waxing but the areas won't go away. Perhaps a professional recon with buffing will help?<P>Thanks in advance to all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have noticed that at on the lower body b/t the door and the front wheel that it looks like a clear film is peeling off (clear coap perhaps? Is that what you are having problems with?

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing is peeling, just a haze in the paint. Also, my S40 is not a clearcoat. It is the non metallic red.<P>According to the recon shop I asked, the shipping paper glue "sinks" in the paint pores. I'll let you know how things turn out after a good buffing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts