SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love our 2012 T6 XC60 - getting used to the 'manual' mode and enjoying driving again - no problems (touch wood) over 10 months & 15k km until now.

Washing the car I noticed a crack in the paint on the drivers door - extends from under the door handle vertically down for about six inches. There is no 'gouging' to suggest it was scratched from above - reinforced by fact that the 'crack' looks and feels uniform along its length (which includes the contour of the indentation under the door handle).

Paint is Barrents Blue - no extras applied except regular washing - it is parked outside all the time in Toronto (Canada).

Any suggestions appreciated - we will take to dealer but I prefer to have some knowledge when I speak to them.

·
Registered
365 Posts
That sucks. I'd firmly (and politely, at first) address it with the service manager and/or the sales guy from whom you bought it. A defect like that is really unacceptable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My problem - not a paint problem

Lawguy,

Thanks for the advice - especially about being polite.

OOPS - have I got a (very) red face :mad:- service chap very nicely pointed out it was not cracked paint at all - merely some left over adhesive from the protection stuff used in shipping. A mystery to me how it took so long to get noticed (perhaps the recent hot weather melted the adhesive and something from the cleaning cloth I used stuck to it??)

Anyway, good news is that there is no problem at all and we can continue to enjoy our lovely Volvo.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Amazing how one cannot tell the difference between paintwork and adhesive. Oh well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts