SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My '16 V60CC is having paint flake off of the lower fascia, just below the grille. A while back it was 1 small flake...now it is spreading and starting at a few "new" locations.
Vehicle is well cared for and I am the original owner. Just turned 21k miles. 50/50 hwy/suburbs....

Is this a known issue that anybody else has experienced? If yes, did you get it taken care of as a warranty claim at the dealer?
Or are these all just stone chips, normal wear and tear, rapidly spreading because of poor paint adhesion on that plastic body piece?
photos are linked below, please have a look and advise....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uUEgkwTTwVULV6G97

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hello,

My '16 V60CC is having paint flake off of the lower fascia, just below the grille. A while back it was 1 small flake...now it is spreading and starting at a few "new" locations.
Vehicle is well cared for and I am the original owner. Just turned 21k miles. 50/50 hwy/suburbs....

Is this a known issue that anybody else has experienced? If yes, did you get it taken care of as a warranty claim at the dealer?
Or are these all just stone chips, normal wear and tear, rapidly spreading because of poor paint adhesion on that plastic body piece?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uUEgkwTTwVULV6G97
Nah, that's not normal. Looks like one of two things happened. Either it was a contamination issue at the plant when they painted it OR there was damage before you got the car (I know you bought it new) and the factory fixed it. This happens more often than you'd think. Either way, take that **** to the dealership!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue but with the side elements, under the driver’s door. Showed that to my dealer and according to the warranty manager, it’s a warranty case and they will repaint it at no cost to me... taking my car to the dealer next Monday, hopefully they will do a better job than the factory

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts