SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question concerning paint chip repair. Not that it's a huge price difference, but should I get the Volvo branded paint repair kit or can I go with another brand that's available in stores?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Question concerning paint chip repair. Not that it's a huge price difference, but should I get the Volvo branded paint repair kit or can I go with another brand that's available in stores?
Personally use Dr. Colorchip on my cars. Little more pricey but so worth it. IMO

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Personally use Dr. Colorchip on my cars. Little more pricey but so worth it. IMO
How's this work on bumper rash and paint chips? Does it mask them very well? The other question is that paint chips create an uneven surface with the surrounding paint. So how does Dr. Paint handle these repairs?

·
Registered
8,276 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have used it on rock chips on the front plastic covered bumpers with the same technique as for painted surfaces. If the scratches are long and deep, you may have to be more aggressive with your repair. Sanding down and filling with bondo, followed by more sanding, primer , then paint. Repair here would depend on your willingness to try DYI, if not, your Volvo dealer might recommend the shop they use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts