SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As others have listed before I have been in the market with my '97 850R to get some new pads and rotors and in the process upgrade. To this point I have felt IPD is the only way to go with there slotted rotors because of their strength in reputation, but I have also been hearing about EuroSport Tuning and their rotors, especially the opportunity for cross drilled and slotted. I would greatly appreciate feedback on either.<P>Thanks in advance<BR>Erik

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
We did the IPD setup on our Project 854R, which is located in the Features section under Project Cars. I was VERY pleased with the results. <P>As for Euro Sport, I don't have experience with their solution. Frank Derks is the owner and pretty darned knowledgeable. I don't have his email off hand, but I'm certian it's on their site.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If it's available in the US, consider the AP big brake kit - it's very expensive, but you get a complete upgrade with absolutely everything included in the kit.<P>Better still, once it has been fitted, disc replacement is simple, since the bells are specifically designed for fast disc changes.<P>I tried one out in a fellow VOC member's 850 T5-R and it was everything good brakes should be - progressive and confidence-inspiring.<P>The other good point is that some UK insurers will modify the policy to cover the brake replacement if you send them a list of the parts and the invoice; this is good news for us inveterate tweakers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts